Sunday, February 27, 2011

Carlisle Women's Choir Ain't Afraid

Disclaimer: No matter black, white, or grey....I still can't spell nor do I have spell check.


Another weekend under the belt at the fabulous Dson College. We had a game yesterday...thats all I have to say about that...

woke up this morning without a phone, wallet, or coat. I'm currently on my second 32 oz of diet pepsi today, this will also not be my last one. Surprised? No, you're proly not.

Not having my phone made it difficult to find out where my coat and wallet were. Not knowing where my phone was made it difficult to start solving my problems.  Basically I had three questions when I woke up this morning
Where is my phone and wallet?
Who's sweatpants am I wearing?
Why is my arm through the neck hole of my shirt?
typical sunday.

I decided to go to the caf before I made any life decisions.  Siobhan was there and wanted to aid me in my attempts to find my phone. (or lack of attempts) She offered to text the phone and see if someone responded. "BITCH WHO GOT DIS PHONE CLOUGH'S ON DA PROWL" i wasn't exactly expecting a response after this eloquent text was sent...but she got one. Ben's brother found it in 24. go figure, i left something in 24. At least I made it out with my shoes last night. my purse may still be there and by may still be there i mean its on the floor of 24 with at least 1 warm natty light in it.
So I guess I should say what adventures I got into last night. I wish it was as interesting as my morning was but this is Dickinson and nothing here gets interesting unless its preapproved. Lax had a party with soccer. I decided to wear my vans, tube socks, spandex shorts (despite the size of my ass...), and a Dickinson college basketball jersey.tough look. People kept asking what the theme of the party I was going to was and I had no response other than "I don't understand the question." Times like those I wish Eliza was around to join me in my own theme party and not make me feel like the only crazy person in the room. Last semester I decided to put on a crossing guard vest and stripped spandex shorts after I got out of the shower. I felt good about it though and shit I knew I looked good but I was a little weary about actually wearing it out until Steele walked in with a Tupac shirt on and black spandex shorts.aw yeah. great night.   We found out that we almost always have more fun when i choose not to dress up though that theory didn't really aid me last night...thats basically all I have to say about the evening.

Today however i decided to go to the Voices of Pride concert at ATS which consisted of a few dickinson acapella groups and some local choirs. IT WAS AWESOME.
During the carlisle womens choir performance Sio pointed out a woman just groovin and singing along with the group up on the seating area. "I ain't Afraid of your Yaweh" was my favorite song of thiers.
The gay men's group however took the cake with a performance of a song  entitled "We Are Men Who Love Men" I could not stop smiling during the entire performance, it was amazing, them and their rainbow ties, pot bellies, and handle bar mustaches are all my heroes. Standing Ovations.
My favorite singer during the performances was a man in about his early 60s who was apx 6'3 had a great stache and under his bright orange shawl (the standard attire for the group) he wore black leather pants black leather boots and a black leather vest that had what I can assume was a biker crest on the back. That man was cool and he knew it.

i wish i had more to say....
but i don't

1 comment:

  1. "we aren't afraid of your jesus...we aren't afraid of your god...WE'RE JUST AFRAID OF WHAT YOU'LL DO IN THE NAME OF YOUR REEEEELIGION"

    **groovin**

    ReplyDelete