Sunday, May 1, 2011

A Comparative Analysis of Spring Fest 2010 and 2011

Disclaimer:....can't spell, don't care.

     We'll start with a summary of the events that occured in the spring semester of 2010. This will be important for the comparison of the two years.  So, last year, spring fest. None of the lacrosse girls expected to be attending the festivities provided by the school for the spring festival but due to an untimely end to the lacrosse season we found ourselves free to enjoy the good weather with some good friends.  I didn't know what I was about to embark on when I filled a 32oz pepsi cup with some natty light (I could proly have figured this out with some simple addition but I found myself plesantly surprised when I realized that you can fit 2 natty ice cans in a 32 oz cup) but I did know that I was going to enjoy spring fest and take advantage of any free piece of shit the school was willing to chuck at me.  I basically bopped around morgan feild for a while making wax hands and tiedyed tshirts these activities were interrupted only by the occasional refill. I can't remember who I was with...i mean it was a year ago information like that is hard to retain for long periods of time.
Anyways, if I remember correctly the Carlisle Spring Fest was also going on that same day. So, when I decided to go to 25/27 I got the added bonus of partaking in some festival activities with the locals.  When I got to 25/27 last year Norah, Becca, and I went out on the roof and it was sometime up there that my day got interesting....
I wish I could remember what happened up there for the two hours that Norah and Becca went downstairs to take a nap and I stayed up going beer for beer with Gus....if you know Gus then this speaks for itself. At some point I decided to take a shower (proly much needed since it was hot out and I was sitting in the sun all day getting a great irish sun tan....burn..) I'm pretty tall, but I can't reach the shower head however, I managaed to allegedly tear of the shower head and knock everything in the bathroom over.  Norah and Becca put me in a dress after that and we walked out on the town.On our walk Becca and Norah had to pull me away from a potential high street brawl....again, all this is alleged.  Though if I did get into a fight I'm sure we all know that I would win no question.  Anyways, becca and norah decided it would be best that day to drop me off back in the Wit, entrusting Brenna with my well-being. haha. yeah. Not sure how this happened and there are some descrepencies in remembering this evening and whether this was the same night or not but I ended up rallying.  Apparently I was wearing a big white t-shirt with no pants. This was one of many times that I bopped around Wit with no pants on. Ian eventually would act surprised when he saw me wearing pants... god the amount of classy behaivor on Wit 3rd floor was insane. Anyways, this must have been one of the first times because Brenna took it upon herself to bring me back to the room and put some shorts on me. I chose to wear my white lacrosse shorts which is great cuz they matched my oversized white t-shirt.  Then we went out on the town with the 3rd floor crew and Taylor threw out that great quote at a lady..."You're not my favorite person."  sparked quite the reaction.
Anyways that was essentially last years Spring Fest. On to the next one I suppose...

I knew that there would have to be considerable effort put into this years festivities in order to be on par with last year.  So, we bought 170$ worth of booze 140 of which was spent at the brew through...most amazing place in carlisle its like an enchanted forest of beer.  Anyways, I was planning on not drinking on Friday night because I knew I would be waking up early to drink all day on sat.  I drank of Friday sue me. We woke up went to sheetz came back and started making mamosas.  My cup of coice was a large pop cup from mcdonalds.  When we progressed to beer Emma gave me the brilliant idea to just put the can of beer in the cup and put the straw in it that way you don't have to waste time pouring the beer...time consolidation is key. Anyways, I added ice around the can and made my own personal cooler for all of my beers. Pretty brilliant.   I'm not sure whose idea it was to take the couch outside, but christie and I carried the couch outside so we could sit in the sun and drink.  Lax pinnies, outdoor furniture, and natty light...bro?  The day was amazing we listened to music, judge passerbys, and drank from 12 until 7 ish.  I think that me, maggie, barr, nick, and martin stayed the longest.  At one point Martin went to the snar to provide us all with some food. Nick and I made out relationship official out there as well which is a big step for both of us since i'm a unfriendly commitmentless person and because he's gay. We're currently "going steady." I was planning on taking a mid-day nap in order to be functional that evening...but  the nap never happened. We esstially sat until the sun went down then christie and I went to the fc with everyone after a quick game of pong. We planned an informally formal formal for the fc that evening and we attempted to start a dance party in the living room. Pretty great dancing going on yesterday. 
Anyways, thats essentially the sum up of my Spring Fest 2011.

In comparing the two its easy to see that both have great ups and downs. Though, being a girl that loves a good story, I'm gunna have to say that spring fest 2010 takes home the cake. I mean, I tried to fight a girl on high street aftger trashing a shower head that I can't even reach. Which story do you think is better?

No comments:

Post a Comment